Red Mountain RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for the red mountain boys to RP their stories.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Beginnings

3 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51The Beginnings - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beginnings Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:07 pm

chroden

Bereth looked up from where he had fallen. It would seem his magic had done the trick, and that the man was fully recovered. He was still a little hazy from using his own lifeforce, but he could see that the little person from before was a halfling, and he appeared to be helping out the knights. The Chaos warrior was dead, as was his cat. The elves appeared to be on the side of the halfling. For the moment, Bereth appeared to be safe.
He braced his staff against the ground and slowly raised himself up on it, try to shake off the aftereffects of the magic he had used. He looked at the knights, and said, "thank you for stopping those orcs, and you as well halfling. I don't know why either of you are here, but I highly recommend you don't stay long. The viceroy in the capital is going to be very angry when he finds out that some of his elves are dead, and even angrier when he finds two armed groups of soldiers in his territory. Whatever business you have here, conclude it quickly and leave, before you cause anymore trouble."

52The Beginnings - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beginnings Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:19 pm

Skree

Skree

Baron gave a small look to the elf. "Now that would be a problem. Here i come, away from my home, abanding it to its own defences to help the water people with any dragons or other creatures, and i have to conduct my business quickly?" He chuckled. he quickly motioned to his men where to start building the fire.

"Even if there were'nt any dragons here, i intend to help the water people. I hear rumers they know how to get to Balkoth's lair, and there i believe dragons would sleep."

53The Beginnings - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beginnings Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:08 pm

Highwayman

Highwayman
Admin

The halfling looked at the two as they spoke. "Evil is something always present in the world my dear men; it is just how we respond that sets us apart from others. These fallen creatures," he gestured at the dark elves now beginning to settle themselves around the Order men building the fire, "are being given a chance to pull themselves out of the darkness when none other would have them. They travel with me as a sort of protection detail, whilst I go about returning that which belongs to the Terrak to him. If your Viceroy is upset that his troops have been lost I think I can find a few volunteers to replace them," he paused for dramatic effect while he slowly turned to look at the dark elves gathering around the fire,"besides, what would it hurt having a few friends inside?" he asked with a sly smile as he too sat himself down by the fire to warm himself up as the sun began to set.

https://redmountainrp.forumotion.com

54The Beginnings - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beginnings Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:42 pm

chroden

chroden

Despite his good sense, Bereth was intrigued by these visitors. They didn't seem intimidated in the slightest by the dark forces occupying the water capital. Whether this was courage or stupidity remained to be seen.
"If you're going to stay in this land, what do you intend to do?"

55The Beginnings - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beginnings Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:26 pm

Highwayman

Highwayman
Admin

As the burglar and the dark elves settled themselves in around the small-ish fire, readily taking slabs of meat from wherever and whatever they had claimed and skewering them and roasting them, he looked at the knight, "What would you expect us to do? Kill Balkoth?"

He paused with a smile. . .

"There is much glory bound to he who accomplishes such a feat, should he live through it. But even glory is forgotten in time my friend; no, our mission is more simple, after all, I am but a simple thief. We are simply collecting items of. . .er. . .interest for those who remain hidden in the bowels of the earth. Protection, destruction, whatever it takes, THere is much history the earth cannot forget; I am just a humble servant helping to preserve that history."

Then picking up a stick with a chunk of raw meat that looked suspiciously as if it had been carved from a certain dead cat, he threw it at the head knight. "Best get to cooking' we've got to stay past sunset at least, make sure the bodies don't come back at a later date."

And with that he turned to focus on his own piece of meat now sizzling in it's own juices deep in the fire.

56The Beginnings - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beginnings Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:41 pm

Skree

Skree

Baron frowned at the hobbit. "Nothing but a common thief? Just because you take something, and say it's ok to do so doesn't make it right. I know a bunch of thieves from the lands of Order, and they believe that they were destined to take the items, and i loathed them"

Baron took the meat he was given, and started to cooked it. his men were eating food they had brought, not daring to try anything the elves had. "If you go to my lands, and ask about me, you'd find out i am an odd one for order. I don't believe in destiny, nor fate. Life is what you make of it." Baron's grim look was somewhat scary for an order warrior.

"Thus, i belive thieves have no honor, like yourself. Mages i do fine with, but a warrior has honor, always fighting to the death, and usually fairly, unlike death elves or gnomes."

57The Beginnings - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beginnings Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:51 pm

Highwayman

Highwayman
Admin

The Burglar smiled the teeniest of a smirk at the obvious short fuse of the warrior in front of him. "No honor eh? What do you call working to preserve at all costs the powrs of the world that be, when other powers seek to destroy it? What do you call ensuring that history is preserved so it is not lost forever? and," looking back over his shoulder at his elven comrades who by this time had set down their meals and picked up their weapons, glaring at the knight and his obviously tired men. "wouldn't you call it honorable to turn your back on all you had known, your family, your brothers, in face of certain death, because you feel so strongly against what they are doing?"

and now standing up to his short but full height, he looked up at the knight, "perhaps you are the one with no honor; galavanting about the country looking for ways to be seen as a hero by others, instead of quietly acting heroicly, risking your life with little or no reward day after day. Perhaps the true heroes are not those that desire recognition, that fight so they are seen, but those who quietly go about their days working to ensure a better life for their children. . . "

and with that he drew the short silvery dagger from his waistband and looked at the knight.

58The Beginnings - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beginnings Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:11 pm

chroden

chroden

Bereth shook his head. "Idiots, this is why Balkoth is winning," he said quietly to himeself.
Then he spoke up, "Why are you bickering! If you're going to fight, do it elsewhere so you're spilled blood doesn't kill the grass. Why do you care who is right, when my capital is occupied by the most wrong people around."
He turned to the knight, "You call yourself a dragon slayer, yet it is not dragons that threaten us. Either help, or leave."
He turned to the burglar, "You wish to steal valuable objects of historical worth. I assure you there are plenty in the viceroys grip. If you want my help, you have it, but if not, quit arguing with the warrior and leave. Either way, both of you, quit arguing! It is pointless!!!"

59The Beginnings - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beginnings Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:23 am

Skree

Skree

Baron glared at the hobbit, then looked at the water elf, and sighed. "Your right of course, bickering gets us no where."

He then looked back at the hobbit with the dagger. "I will attempt to not insult you nor your followers any further, though i expect the same from you."

He then went back to his cooking. "If their are no dragons here, then i will do whatever to do damage to the dark lord before i return with my men back home. It would be pointless to leave without helping the water people." He looked up from his cooking.

"My sword and my men will gladly fight for the Amazons, until the water city is taken back." He pledged, his eyes filled with something that few men in the world had anymore. bravery, and courage, with a mix of excitement.

60The Beginnings - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beginnings Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:55 am

Highwayman

Highwayman
Admin

The hobbit did not take his eyes off of the knight, he merely waved his hand at his men who formed up on foot beside him, haldberds gripped tightly in their hands as they eyed the knight and his men. WIth dagger still in hand he responded, Any inside help of the inner working of the water citadel might be of use for our infiltration. However, we have something to settle here first. . .a spy!" he emphasised the last two words as he pointed his dagger at Bereth. "Tell us knight, why you still pretend to be a servant of Order when you carry so openly an obviously life stealing artifact!" as he gestured at the sword hanging at Bereth's side, "Tell us, did you just happen to stumble across that in one of your dragon quests? Surely you have felt the unsatiable hunger found in such a blade! And yet you still carry it! You can be nothing else than a discraced servant of the darkness that now sweeps this land!"

And with that the elves tightened their grips even more, every muscle tensed, ready to pounce at the first twitch of the knight and his men. "You speak of honor, but yet you have surrendered all honor to shed the bloods of innocence! Terrak forgives much, but even now the grounds begin to quake and spew forth the blood of innocents, so saturated is it with the bloods of those who walk the earth! Not even the people of air deserve to be treated so horrifically as your kind have treated them!"

The hobbit was obviously working himself into a rage as his words grew angrier and his face redder as he attempted to contain himself from flying at the knight with the dark elven sword and attempt to tear him limb from limb.

61The Beginnings - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beginnings Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:10 am

Skree

Skree

Baron's face quickly drained of blood, realising his sword could kill him now. Even his men started to look puzzled.

"You want the truth behind this sword Hobbit? This sword is new to me even now, for i have just taken it from the body of a barbarion, whose cat you had receantly slain, and you hobbit, had offered its meat so easily."

He then grabbed the sword in its sheath, and threw it into the fire, though that would do little. "If you want me to discard it to prove i am not a spy, fine! I have slain dragons before with my own blade, and i do not need a blade that uses strength from the dead to help the living!"

HHe then stood up, armed with nothing, save the other sword he kept in its sheath, which was originally his. "If you belive that i am a spy, You are mistaken. My men and my country will testify to that. If you belive i am unforgivable for something i have not done, then be careful of these elves, for they may have done more then i have ever done."

He glanced at everyone. "I slay the creatures that balkoth summons to do his bidding. My necklace can prove that." And with that he pulled a small necklace, lined with eyes from dragons, and one giant claw.

62The Beginnings - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beginnings Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:46 am

Highwayman

Highwayman
Admin

"And just how do you know that it drains strength from others? Did the Barbarian tell you that? Or, perhaps, you have experienced the power contained in this wicked blade and are just tossing it knowing that if not you might be in trouble?" the halfling asked as he, with a few fearful kicks, obviously trying to not burn himself, attempted to knock the blade out of the flames, with all the hilarious antics one could find in a serious situation such as this; before one of the dark elves deftly reached over and flicked it from the fire with his halberd before coming back to attention, eying the knight's men.

With a short underhanded wave, the Burglar's men fell back towards their food, though never letting their weapons leave their possession and never taking their eyes off of the humans; if they had learned anything in their horrific training, it was that anyone that was not one of their own was not to be trusted too much; and these order, or death, knights, whatever they were, with all their marching and military bearing, warranted distrust.

And then carefully lifting the blade, as if trying to touch it as little as possible, the Hobbit took it, balancing it on as few fingertips as possible and threw it away from the campsite, quickly following after it and scooping dirt into small mounds until the entire sword was covered in fresh earth. Before he pushed himself back up onto his feet and casually walked over to his fallen food, looking frequently at Baron, daring him to go after the sword.

**OOC** Just an FYI, if anyone goes to look for the sword, it won't be there. But if you want to know how you'll have to try and figure it out.

63The Beginnings - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beginnings Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:20 pm

chroden

chroden

Bereth shook his head at the two arguing men in front of him.
"They act just like women!" he thought exasperatedly (you have to thin about Bereth's origins to understand this insult)
He sat back, content to allow the two to fight it out rather than try to stop them. Magic swords were beyond him and he had no intention of getting involved.

64The Beginnings - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beginnings Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:34 pm

Skree

Skree

Baron glared at the hobbit as he continued to eat. For a little while, he actually was considering to go get the sword, but thought better of it. He didn't need to discourage his men any more than neccesary.

After a moment, he asked a question. "How exactly can we help your people?" hhe asked the Amazon

65The Beginnings - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beginnings Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:59 am

chroden

chroden

Bereth smiled, "Unless you have an army hidden in those saddle bags I don't think you'll be able to solve our problems. Any resistance against our overlords would only result in suffering and punishment for my people. I've only been able to keep out of trouble by keeping my head down. Start raising a ruckus, and you'll cause more harm than good."
Bereth sat back, thinking. After a few moments, he finally said, "I really don't know how to help. The dark armies are so many, and there are so few people still willing to fight, and they're all on the island fortresses, unable to help anyone. Even our most sacred icons and relics are gone, and without those, no one's going to rise up and fight. Even our temple is descrated." Bereth's head sunk low, the depression that seemed to have taken hold of the land showing itself in him.

66The Beginnings - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beginnings Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:52 am

Highwayman

Highwayman
Admin

The Hobbit stopped eating long enough to look over at the water worshiper, "Why does one need an army to solve problems?" He asked. "Perhaps your people's faith could be renewed with a little. . . motivation?"

And with that the hobbit returned to his food.

67The Beginnings - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beginnings Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:22 pm

Skree

Skree

Baron looked up. "To be honest, i may have to agree with the hobbit. surely your people are still alive, and ready to fight. Isn't there anything we could do to help them? maybe rebel, or maybe strike a blow to the dark one, to show that your people will still fight?"

68The Beginnings - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beginnings Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:20 pm

chroden

chroden

Bereth answered, "The only fighters of my people are on the island citadels, trapped by the dark fleet. As of now, the death worshippers have been unable to break through thanks to the sea monsters and the treacherous reefs, but that won't be the case forever. As for the people here rising up to fight, that won't happen so long as the temple remains in ruins. When it was taken, our spirit was broken."

69The Beginnings - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beginnings Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:57 pm

Highwayman

Highwayman
Admin

The hobbit shook his head, as he set down the little remnants of his food and stood up to a not very impressive height-but still, he was taller than when he was sitting on the ground. 'These magical types. Don't ever think outside the box do they?' He thought to himself.

"Perhaps, our meeting here is more than mere chance. Perhaps it is that the ancient elemental giant gods have preordained our meeting today, and that together, we can deal a blow to those that befoul the earth." The Hobbit said.

'I can't believe I just said that!'he thought, what a load of nonsense; but whatever it took to get this mamsy pamsy water man motivated to helping his people; after all he's got the one in shiny armor; if anything he and his boys can provide a distraction, while he snuck in and nipped a few of the more rare artifacts found inside the city; but. . . .they didn't need to know all that just yet.

"What if we just, ya know, provide some mitvation for your people. I mean heck; there has got to be something that'll light the fire under their bottoms!"

70The Beginnings - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beginnings Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:09 pm

chroden

chroden

Bereth sat back, prepared to tell the halfling that it wass pointless, when an idea occurred to him. It seemed almost too ludicrous to think about, but what did he have to lose?
"There is one thing, something that is sacred to us that our newly appointed viceroy keeps on himself at all times...Rocca's Chalice. It is an ancient cup that was used by one of our great leaders. Whoever drinks of it gains wisdom. Sorcerers who use it become more powerful as well. Our leaders always used it to govern our people. When the city was taken, the cup fell into the viceroy's hands. If we could steal that, it would not only humiliate the viceroy, but also give the people hope that there might be a new leader coming!"

71The Beginnings - Page 3 Empty Re: The Beginnings Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:02 pm

Skree

Skree

Baon smiled. This was it. The amazon had an idea, and perhaps everyone could do it.

"Then its settled. We shall ride into the city when we are ready, and take what is yours. Perhaps, with the new wisdom, someone may have a way to defeat the dark one himself."

But then Baron stopped. a thought entered his head. "How exactly are we going to get this cup? Its not like all of us are the stealthy, and i'm not sure if riding in is the way to go. TO be honest, my men stand out in a crowd"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3