Red Mountain RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for the red mountain boys to RP their stories.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Summoning of the Demon

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Summoning of the Demon Empty The Summoning of the Demon Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:01 am

Skree

Skree

Deep within the Fire peoples nation, the Fire Giants have lived for many years in peace. A small city, known as Helios, stood for many years, a proud jewel of the nation.

But now, everything had changed. Helios, instead of flames, stood in ash, as all fires came to be. The once mighty city had fallen, all buildings crumbled and destroyed.

Many people did not know of Helios. Only People of Fire really knew much about it, and they were of blacksmiths. Helios, while wasn't a large city, was known for it's weapon forges. only the fire capital was known to produce more than this city. And being that it wasn't very widely known, nor a very big city, it was completely unprotected, save for the giants who worked the mighty forges of Helios.

With the destruction of helios, the more the fire people seem more likely to die. Without weapons for the war, it was hopeless. It was a matter of time till the fire capital itself would crumble, or worse yet, the temple.

Around the city was many giants bodies, all dead. There were quite a few dwarves scattered about to, though they were all buried under rubble. Other than that, no life existed, save for a few salamanders.

But one giant still lived in Helios, a lucky one whom had somehow survived the attack from the mighty death armies. The giant stood slightly shorter than usual giants, but was still tall enough to be a giant.

At the moment, Rath stood in the remains of his once proud forge, lifting up objects, searching for something. Suddenly he heard a noise, and when he lifted his head, noticed someone, or something was coming. He, with no effort, pulled out his greatsword, ready to defend himself.

"Speak your name, you who come here!" he commanded in a booming voice

*i don't care who you use, since i kinda left it open, though it would be better to not be a water person.*

2The Summoning of the Demon Empty Re: The Summoning of the Demon Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:39 pm

Highwayman

Highwayman
Admin

Carefully a small form picked his way through the smokey rubble. The small form, cloaked in a dark grey robe, moved gracefully around large chunks of stone and trickles of lava, as if gently searching for something. Whatever it was searching for, it wasn't anything that could obviously found; the form was not moving rubble out of the way or picking through scraps or even bothering to look in dark nooks and crannies, but somehow, still somehow, it was searching for something-quietly and peacefully moving with obvious intent.

Quietly until the small form quickly dodged as it triggered a large chunk of stone rubble to fall directly at where the being had been standing moments before.

And then the loud booming voice of the giant called out from a pile of rubble deeper yet within the city. "Speak your name, you who come here!"

Quickly picking himself up from the ground the small form looked directly towards the rubble where the giant spoke from.

Hidden within the shadows of the newly fallen rubble the being replied, "I am LightWhisper. I have come to help."

https://redmountainrp.forumotion.com

3The Summoning of the Demon Empty Re: The Summoning of the Demon Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:27 pm

Skree

Skree

Rath didn't move, his sword at the ready. He wasn't very trustful now, since his entire home and city had been destroyed. He half-expected thiefs from everywhere to come, just to see what they could find.

"Reveal yourself in the light, before i am forced to strike you down!"

4The Summoning of the Demon Empty Re: The Summoning of the Demon Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:50 am

Highwayman

Highwayman
Admin

As if in reply to the latest demand from the booming voice a small orb of light appeared in the hands of the cloaked figure.

"A threat is not needed at this time. Though i can understand why you might feel it so" the cloaked figure spoke. As the being spoke in a strong yet peaceful voice, the glowing orb of light slowly raised out of the being's hands and into the air until it hovered just higher in the air than the height of the giant about half way between the cloaked being and the giant.

"There, now you have seen me and you know my name. Now it is your turn, tell me your name."

5The Summoning of the Demon Empty Re: The Summoning of the Demon Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:16 pm

Skree

Skree

Rath lowered his sword, but he still kept a strong grip on it. He never took well to strangers, and now he had a very good reason. Right now, all he knew was that this figure was most likely a sorceror, and perhaps a life elf, judging by the orb and the name. But nothing could be sure.

"I am Rath, once mayor of Helios." he slowly placed his sword on his shoulder, a popular place for fire giants to rest their great weapons.

"Why is it that a stranger like you has come to Helios, a place few travelors ever come to?"

6The Summoning of the Demon Empty Re: The Summoning of the Demon Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:59 am

Highwayman

Highwayman
Admin

The cloaked being slowly began to walk through the carnage towards Rath.

"I have come for the same reason that those before me came; although my reasons are not fueled by the same darkness or evil as theirs."

As he spoke the orb of light slowly burned itself out, casting the area back into the shadows it had been in before. :As I said before, I am here to help. My powers are not strong enough to help all in this place, but if there are a few, take me to them and I will do what I can."

7The Summoning of the Demon Empty Re: The Summoning of the Demon Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:15 am

Skree

Skree

Rath sighed and looked down. "I am sorry, but i believe i'm the only one who survives. Ever since i was conscious, i have found no one alive. I fear the worst for those who are dead, but right now,"

Rath looked up, a rage in his eyes "i believe the dark ones have something that i must retrieve. "

8The Summoning of the Demon Empty Re: The Summoning of the Demon Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:09 am

Highwayman

Highwayman
Admin

"Are there any who have not felt the touch of the dark lord's most wicked servants? Even if their life force has been taken from them, there may still be time for a few if you will take me to those who have died before their service to the light was passed. You see, I have some skills of my own. There are no more dark minions here, save for those who torment your soul. Now put away your weapon and show me where I can help."

9The Summoning of the Demon Empty Re: The Summoning of the Demon Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:58 pm

Skree

Skree

Rath thought for a moment, and barely shook his head. "There may be a few whose bodies weren't completely crushed, but even then, i'm not sure if you could give them what i believe you are saying."

He pointed to one structure, a small barracks, or a jail of somesort. It surprisingly was still standing. "In there are a few people who died in service. The only reason i believe that building is still around is because we were holding someone prisoner, and no doubt joined the dark one."

Without saying anything else, he took a few strides, and was at the doorway. His sword still on his back, the door that was somehow still standing, the giants foot bashed it through. He stood for the elf to look inside.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum